This chocolate milk is a fast, nutritious and delicious way to consume protein in the post workout. It helps the body recover, it is better than consuming processed blends and products (usually expensive and not always very good for you), and it will keep apetite in check. [leia em Português]
* featured photo of Mirinda Carfrae from http://www.ironman.com
What are the main ingredients?
>> MILK + CACAO + BREWER´S YEAST <<
- 200ml of water
- 2 dessert spoons full of powder milk (I like goat´s milk)
- 2 dessert spoons full of pure cacao powder (In Brazil I recommend the Amma and Monama brands)
- 1 dessert spoons of coconut sugar (very low glycemic index = 31), (can be substituted by brown sugar, honey or molasses)
- 1 small poon of Brewer´s Yeast (or how much you can take!!!)
How to prepared it?
Just put all the ingredients into the water and blend everything – voilà the magic post workout potion is ready. With this suggested ingredients you can experiment, using milk instead of water+powdered milk, add more brewer´s yeast, put some cacao nibs, etc…
Why didn´t I think about that before?
My first interest on chocolate milk came after watching Chris Lieto (checkout video below) and Mirinda Carfrae talking about the drink. I started to incorporate it in my training routine and was very satisfied. After the hardest training sessions I like to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or the chocolate milk. if I am really out of time and was not able to prep, I usually get a ready to drink milk chocolate. The idea to put brewer´s yeast came from the Ovomaltine taste, which I love, and it is a protein punch.
Chris Lieto talks about chocolate milk:
Nutritional Information of Brewer´s Yeast:
|Components||100 g of brewer´s yeast|
|Vitamin B1||14500 mcg|
|Vitamin B2||4612 mcg|
|Vitamin B3||57000 mg|
Nutritional Information of Powdered Cacao
|Components||100 g of powdered cacao|